27 January 2013

not such a productive weekend

I have picked 178 tomatoes at my allotment since 12 January.  I've eaten them, given them away and yesterday decided to make some chutney.  I love chutney and am usually kept in stores by two Aunts.  I've never made chutney before and I won't bother again, I spent hours preparing and it looked so pretty in the saucepan.  Pity it tasted like poison.


So I rang one of said Aunts for her recipe and tried it this morning.  A more involved recipe than the first and two more kilos of tomatoes were used.  Not quite as poisonous but still bad.  I never want to see a tomato again.

Moving on, I sewed up an apron I cut out at Christmas, it's just not quite right. 

1 comment:

  1. 178 tomatoes!!! I can't believe you had that many. Next time you should make pasta sauce! I unravelled a baby beanie I'd almost finished because of the mistakes I'd made. Must have been one of those weekends.

    ReplyDelete