18 January 2013

finished

After a few months of slow crocheting I've finished my enormous granny square blanket.


It seemed to take forever as this is the biggest blanket I've made but I'm really pleased with the result.  As this one wasn't a gift I didn't have a deadline so I left it on the couch and every time I sat down I did a row. 

I swore I'd never make another one but today is a new day and I'm thinking of using some more of my gifted wool to make another blanket.  I saw a photo yesterday online but can't remember where of a quilted knitted blanket, I think I'll do the same thing but with crocheted squares and rectangles of different sizes.  Then I'll have to learn how to sew them neatly together.

2 comments:

  1. I am so jealous of this! I'd love to do a big granny square like that. Perhaps you should run a class!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You wouldn't believe how easy it is, happy to show you anytime. I took a class at CIT with the woman who owns the wool shop in Manuka - but I think she does classes in her shop too.

    ReplyDelete