11 November 2012

still no crafting

It has been one of those weekends of going out at 8 each day and getting home late, I've now got a spare hour to do some things before heading out to my allotment when it's a bit cooler.  My weekend started with a bit of junk shopping, I love it and have to remember I can't fit everything in my tiny flat.  I picked up a few things from a fete, a metal filing cabinet thingy, a couple of pottery canisters (I love the colour), two cake plates which remind me of crockery from my childhood and a sticky tape holder - I've been meaning to buy one for ages.


A friend and I went in the Tour de Femme this morning, it's a 20km ride in the inner south of Canberra.  Not be pro riders we weren't racing but in it as a 'participation event' - so the Canberra Cycling Cub calls us leisure riders.  The weather was glorious and it was loads of fun.


And I did some more shopping.  I saw a cushion ages ago at The Style Emporium and wanted it but thought I shouldn't buy it and didn't really need it.  I was out that way this afternoon so thought I'd pop in on the off chance it was still there... success!  It's made by La cerise sur le gateau (can't work out how to do the thingy above the 'a'), it's obviously French and I think the fabric is Liberty.


2 comments:

  1. Great photo of you and Sarah! I love all products by La cerise... I was once given the tea towel with the dude in the stripe shirt riding. It looks like I should pay a visit out to Ginninderra Village some time soon. Oh and great pick ups from the fete.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was surprised how well that photo turned out. Just realised the photo of the cushion dropped off, it's there now. You'd be the best person to tell me if the fabric is indeed Liberty, the cushion is called 'Housse de Coussin Alice Liberty'. The shop only had a few pieces but they've got lots of other lovely stuff.

    ReplyDelete