3 November 2012

sewing clothes

I have never been good at sewing clothes for myself, I tend to not follow a pattern properly, not buy enough fabric, don't iron as I sew and force fabric where it shouldn't be forced.  I haven't attempted sewing myself anything for years until today.  Inspired by top notch and some Salme patterns Kirsty had tried I thought I'd give it a go myself.  I bought the Kimono Top pattern and some cheap polka dot fabric to make it up and see if my sewing had improved.


The photo is less than flattering but I'm quite pleased with how the top turned out, all the pieces seemed to fit!  It needs a bit of tweaking at the side to give it a little more shape and less of a front verandah look for me, I think some softer fabric would help that.  The pattern was easy to follow, it was a beginner pattern and only had about four pieces.  I think my attempt was a tiny sewing success.

3 comments:

  1. It looks great!! I love the yellow necklace with it (and your hair looks awesome!!). Now that you've started sewing clothes it will be a slippery slope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are looking gorgeous. I am also looking for a good sewing machine to sew my clothes. What should i have to look for before buying one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are so pretty. The yellow necklace is complementing you very much. I want to know what is the best sewing machine. to sew fancy clothes' with.

    ReplyDelete