14 October 2012

one down

And one assignment to go, at least the worst one is done.  This weekend I've had some well earned crafting time and made a few purses.  Two purses are more Nicole Mallalieu patterns, as I've said before I love her patterns for their clear instructions.  The first is a biggish coin purse with box corners made with some fabric I bought in Tokyo earlier this year, I lined it with some yukata fabric I also bought in Tokyo.  The yukata fabric is great, it's cheapish and comes in 30cm rolls of about 10 metres. 



Next is a tiny coin purse I made for a friends birthday, I'm going to put some Acorn & Will earrings in it.  It's the first time I've made this pattern and my fabric choice wasn't the best, it's a bit bulky for this tiny purse.  Can't remember where I got this fabric but I know it's hand printed and I'm down to the scraps so a tiny project is perfect.


Lastly is an easy drawstring bag for my new Fuji Instax camera (which I'm loving).  Also made with some of my Tokyo fabric stash, some polka dot ready quilted fabric.  I thought the camera bag needed a bit of padding and why go to that effort if the fabric is ready quilted.


Better get back to that last assignment now...

No comments:

Post a Comment