28 October 2012

a bit of crafting and cooking

My grand plans of making things this weekend were pushed aside for the gorgeous weather, lots of bike riding and gardening was done instead.  This afternoon I happened upon a Pippijoe pattern I'd bought years ago and it looked easy so I gave it a go.


It's a 'Sling Bag' and as I thought was easy to whip up in an hour.  My only disappointment was the size, it will be perfect for my friend's 10 year old daughter.  I also missed the bit in the pattern which said to lengthen the straps....  The fabric I used is more from the Tokyo stash, including the lining.  Unfortunately my photography doesn't do it justice.

The little bit of cooking I did were some meat pies for my dad, he absolutely loves them but they seem to take hours and hours to make so I don't do them very often.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh that bag looks so cute.. and the pies super scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I decided Dad doesn't need all the pies so had one for dinner. Not too bad at all if I can say that about my own cooking.

    ReplyDelete